- The early bird gets the worm. Going to the palengke or market means being early and quick. Cheapest prices and freshest goods are often found in the morning, so better be ready when going to the market. Sleep early to wake up early!
- Be attentive and alert at all times. Avoid texting or taking selfies. Be snappy and walk quick. Always be observant of your surroundings and the people wandering around; anything can happen on a normal day at the market.
- If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. When something is destined to be given to you, it will be done. So whatever that “thing” may be, use it for good. God gave it to you because you deserve it or you may use it for others. (P.S. Credits to Trina for this hugot line!)
- When you found it [him], you know it’s [he’s] the one. Love at first sight still exists… between a reader and the book, between a music lover and the band’s album (and the band as well), and between the eater and the food. Everyone agrees with me, yeah?
Reminders to self!
- Helping is uplifting. Being able to help or being offered of help is the simplest way of showing that someone cares. It makes you feel better and it uplifts your spirit, to be honest! One of the reasons why I still have faith that humanity will be what God wanted it to be.
- Never go window shopping. Ever. Especially in a bookstore or in a music store. Seeing all the books and albums you want, then feeling disappointed because the money you have is not enough, it is making me sigh every time. So note to self, don’t go window shopping… unless you have unlimited cash!